We had a great week in kindergarten!! Riley was our Star Student, and we enjoyed learning about her. Ashton is up this week!
In Math, we continued working on number sense to 20. We worked on more/less, before/after/in between, ten frames building a number, and ten sticks/ones building numbers. We compared sets, worked on counting backwards from 20, and really worked on those teen numbers.
In Language Arts, we focused on word wall word 'go', word family -ap, and writing dictation sentences. We've been working on the formation of lower case letters, and using them in a word/sentence vs. using capital letters in the middle of a word/sentence. We continued to review non-fiction stories...and we completed our first research project!! They turned out GREAT, and the kids were so excited to 'publish' their hard work. We were all so eager to show you guys, and decided we just couldn't wait until the Tuesday folders! They went home in the poetry folders.
In Science, we had a wonderful experience learning about magnets. They had many hands on experiences determining things that are magnetic/non-magnetic, and experimenting with which poles of a magnet attract and repel.
We also had an author visit from Bridget Heos. The kiddos had a lot of questions for her, and she read her book The Mustache Baby to them. They were an excellent audience!
- Please turn in library books tomorrow.
- Poetry folders due tomorrow.
- Please complete and turn in the form in regards to items requested to help with the 100th day of school. (Please turn this in as soon as possible, so that I can go purchase any necessary items that are unable to be donated.) Thanks so much for your help in donating these supplies to help us have a great 100th day of school!!
- A note came home about the 100th day of school in the Tuesday folder that describes homework due at the end of this week. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Red folders come home every Tuesday/Thursday. If you need additional time, please send me an email and let me know that you need it a bit longer. I have several students that have not turned these in lately, and I want to make sure that they made it home.
- Yellow homework folders go home each Tuesday, and are due on Fridays.
- Please have your child read to you nightly. This is such an important component to their learning, and the impact this has on their reading growth is amazing!!
- Early release THIS Wednesday the 3rd at 12:45.
- Friday, February 12th @ 11:15: Valentine's Party (info and class list will be coming home in the Tuesday folder this week)
- Monday, February 15th- Student Holiday/President's Day
- February 11th: Group and individual pictures
- March 14-18 is Spring Break
Thanks so much for all you do! Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions!