Thank you SO very much for a wonderful Teacher Appreciation week! You are so thoughtful, and the kind acts made my week! I loved the flower bouquet you all thoughtfully made! Thanks so much! It such a joy to be your child's teacher!
In math, we reviewed the concepts we have learned this year. We will be taking our end of the year math assessment next week.
In Language Arts, we finished up our illustrations for the books we are publishing. We will be completing them next week to take home. We also reviewed sight words, vowels, digraphs, and word families. Please continue to work with your child on their sight words at home. (I've attached flashcards if you would like to print them out and go over them with your child.)
In Science, we learned about mammals. The kids really enjoyed it! We learned about their characteristics, and explored many animals in this category.
Math: End of the year assessment
Language Arts: Poems, finish publishing books, review sight words/word families, and begin end of the year assessments
I also wanted to let you know that there will be STAAR testing Monday-Wednesday next week. Visitors on campus are discouraged. Our schedule will look different...we will not have specials, and we will be unable to use the playground for recess (we'll play in the field out front).
Also, I've been chatting with the class about following school/class rules, and having respectful behavior. It would be helpful if you could also discuss this reminder with your kiddos at home. I know they are super excited for summer, but we still have a few more weeks left of learning! Thanks in advance for your help!
- Monday-Wednesday, May 9-11: STAAR testing for grades 3-5 (visitors are discouraged)
- Friday, May 13th: All library books due
- Tuesday, May 17th: Volunteer Breakfast 8-9
- Wednesday, May 18th: Kindergarten Spring Open House 5:30-6:30
- Thursday, May 19th: Maker Night @ 5:30
- Friday, May 20th: Morning Muffins with Mom 7:15-7:45
- Thursday, May 26th: Kindergarten Awards Ceremony @ 1:30
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day Holiday No School
- Thursday, June 2nd: Last day of school, and Kindergarten End of Year Party 8:15-10:00
Busy time of year! Thanks so much for all your support at home! Have a wonderful weekend!