Hope everyone had a wonderful week! It sure flew by!
We had a fantastic field trip!! The kids learned a lot about life on a farm, and were able to observe several animals. Thanks so much for volunteering your time to go with us. That was a huge help!
This week we received a Golden Award for the library. The kids were super excited, and the Bookie Award will sit proudly in our room next week. We also won the Track Attack award in PE for the most laps. Exciting times for our class!
In math, we reviewed 3D shapes. We worked in partners to sort shapes, and worked as a class to create examples of 3D objects in the real world. We also continued working on our problem solving strategies.
In Language Arts, we focused on the word family -all and the word wall word 'give'. We continued to work on editing our writing.
In Science, we learned about farm life. We discussed the animals, and what each one provides for us. We really enjoyed seeing this first hand on the field trip.
Language Arts: Poetry, reviewing all sight words and word families
Math: Review math concepts
- Wednesday, May 4th: Early Release at 12:45
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day (No School)
- Poetry folders do not need to be returned. This is the last weekend for them to go home. We will begin our poetry unit next week, and will be making a collection of our own poems.
- Library books are due back on Monday.
- Red reading folders are still coming home on Tuesday/Thursday. Please have your child read with you. We are in the home stretch, and are working really hard on mastering our kindergarten goals.
Thank you so much for all you do! Hard to believe we only have 4 1/2 weeks left of school!
Have a wonderful weekend!