Hope everyone is enjoying their three day weekend!
We had a full week last week! Logan was our Star Student, and we enjoyed learning more about him.
We had a great time looking at all the science fair projects, and are super proud of the kiddos that participated from our class! Job well done!
The kiddos had an absolute blast on our field trip! Thank you so much to our parent chaperones, and to each of you for preparing your kiddos for a fantastic field trip! It was great to see the excitement of your sweet kindergarteners!
In math, we talked about number sense 1-20. We explored making numbers up to 20 with manipulatives, tally marks, ten frames, and making sets.
In Language Arts, we discussed the word wall words 'way' and 'there', the word family -ay, and had fun acting out our Penguin poem. We begin exploring how to be a researcher, and reviewed how to summarize the beginning, middle, and end of a story. We elso discussed the features of a nonfiction text.
In Science, we talked about day and night, and objects in the sky. We made comparisons, and talked about the pattern that it follows.
In Social Studies, we discussed interdependence in our community. We reviewed wants/needs. We also determined ways to obtain our wants and needs, and how to earn money. We evaluated the differences between goods and services, and where we might find these around our community.
- Report card envelopes should be returned signed and in the Tuesday folder. (Please take a moment to celebrate your child's hard work. They have each grown so much, and have worked VERY hard this school year!)
- Please send library books back every Monday.
- Poetry folders are due Mondays
- Red Reading folders go home Tuesdays/Thursdays (I did not send them home this past Thursday due to the field trip.)
- Yellow homework folders go home on Tuesdays, and are due on Fridays.
- We have snack time at the end of each school day, so please make sure your child has one in their backpack.
- Please send your kiddo to school in a jacket. We have recess at 9:00, and it is normally pretty cool this time of year.
Monday, January 18th: NO SCHOOL (MLK holiday)
January 21st: Fern Bluff Family Science Night
January 29th- Six Flags Reading logs due
Wednesday, Feb. 3- Early Release at 12:45
Thanks so much for all your support at home! Please let me know if you have any questions/thoughts!
Have a wonderful week!