Happy New Year! We had an awesome first week back last week! We spent some time reviewing rules/expectations, and went back over what QRR stands for...quality, respect, and responsibility. Dr. Wilson also introduced a new program called the Principal 100 Club. Staff members will be watching for great choices throughout the day, and choose students to receive a Principal's 100 Club certificate. They get to take this to the office, and have their name added to the 100 club board that is on display in the cafeteria. Please take a moment to review with your child school rules and expectations, and encourage them to continue to make great choices.
Logan is our Star Student this week, and we are looking forward to learning more about him!
Last week we discussed Winter in Science, the calendar in math, and worked on making New Year's Resolutions in Language Arts. We reviewed the procedures we use in Writer's Workshop. (I sent home their orange draft book from the first semester.) We are starting a new one to work in this semester. You will see a TON of growth! We also discussed the sight word 'there' and the word family '-ip'.
Field trip information for the Thinkery (THIS Thursday) will be coming home in your child's Tuesday folder tomorrow. If you have not turned in the permission slip please do so ASAP.
- Reading folders will begin again this week. They will come home on Tuesdays/Thursdays. You are welcome to keep them an extra night...please just email me to let me know.
- We have library every Monday. Please return your child's library book each week on this day.
- Our field trip to the Thinkery is this Thursday.
- Homework folders are due on Friday.
- The science fair is this Friday. Those that are doing individual projects will need to bring them in on this day.
Thank you for your support at home! Please let me know if you have any questions/thoughts/concerns!