Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Can you believe we are in the final week of September!?
Your kiddos are really learning and growing! They are enjoying their writing draft books, and are eager to share their products with the class. They are really starting to get the hang of problem solving in their math journals, and are beginning to find sight words that we are studying throughout our day. They are making me so proud, and I hope that they are feeling proud of themselves as well!
Sight Words, Word Family: and, here, -ap
Reading Workshop: Reading in Partners
Writing Workshop: Setting/Characters, Writing Stamina, Resources
Phonics/Word Study: syllables
Math: Number Sense 0-10
Science: Roles and Responsibilities of Scientists
Technology: Seesaw, 10 Frame Fill, Line 'Em up, ChatterKid, Sight Words, Magnetic Letters
- Please send a healthy snack with your child to school each day.
- I will begin sending home sight word cards for practice, and books for your child to read to you, beginning the first week of October. These will come home on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
Thought I would share a few of the youtube videos that we use in class to practice some of our skills. I know they would love to sing along with you at home!
Counting to 100: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmXuvGvJtqo
10 Frame Flash: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRR9LK3zfho
Sight Words: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmYfo84hyg
- Thursday, September 27th: Science Night @ 6:00
- Friday, September 29th: Parent Reader: Julie Golbert
- Monday, October 2nd: Star Student: Gigi
- Tuesday, October 3rd: Kindergarten Academic Night 5:30-6:30
- Monday/Tuesday, October 9/10th: No School/Staff Development
- Friday, October 13th: Field Day
- Wednesday, November 29th: Thinkery Field Trip (more info coming soon!)
Thanks for your support! Have a great evening!