We started working in our Handwriting Without Tears books, while focusing on the correct form and pencil grip when writing. The guide was sent home in the homework folder last week, and shows the formation of each letter.
In Language Arts, we had several Reading Workshop lessons focusing on reader respect, how to be a book lover (not a book bully), why we read, and how to partner read. We also focused on the -at word family, and the 'I Like, I Can' poem that came home today in their poetry folder.
Pete the Cat was a hit with the class! We had reading and writing activities with his stories in language arts, and sorting and graphing activities with him in math. The kids loved it!
In math, we discussed positional words. We had several examples of this in our daily math journal questions, and had an interactive activity with a class powerpoint that allowed them the opportunity to utilize the skills they learned this week.
We discussed the concept of all the areas "Science' covers, science safety, and the roles/responsibility of scientists. I will send home a safety contract for you (and your kiddo) to sign in their Tuesday folder. We'll attach these to our science journals.
In Social Studies, we discussed good citizenship, along with roles and responsibilities that shape our community.
Busy week full of fun and learning!
A couple of reminders:
- Please sign the front of the Tuesday folders before returning them.
- Green Poetry folders are sent home on Friday, and returned on Monday.
- Library day for our class is every Monday. Please return books on this day.
- Yellow homework folders go home on Tuesdays and are returned on Fridays.
- Please make sure your child has athletic shoes for PE on Tuesday/Thursday/Friday of each week.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!