Hope you all have enjoyed the three day weekend! Your kiddos worked super hard last week, and I'm sure they have enjoyed having another day to play!
Last week we continued to discuss routines/procedures and started diving into our reading/writing/math lessons. We've discussed how to be a book lover, not a book bully, in reading. In math, we introduced our problem solving journals. You will see a picture of our first problem solving activity in Seesaw. In writing, we are discussing how to tell a story with a picture and how to use our draft books.
We enjoyed a visit from our counselor Mrs. O'brien. She will do several lessons on problem solving strategies over the next few weeks. The first lesson was determining if a problem is big or little. The kids enjoyed meeting her puppet Freddy the Frog.
We had our first visit to the library to check out books on Thursday. We kept these at school to help with our lessons on being a book lover. Starting next Thursday they will be bringing these books home to enjoy. They were fantastic leaders in the library! So much so, that at the Friday assembly our class earned the Golden Knome...which is an award for wonderful library behavior that is given to ONE class across grade levels K-2. So proud of your kiddos for earning one of the first Golden Awards!
Handwriting Without Tears: pencil grips, where to start your letter, big/little curves
Word Family: -at
Sight Word: can
Writing Workshop: Routines, sharing your work, choosing a topic
Reading Workshop: choosing a good fit book, role of author/illustrator, parts of a book, reading partners
Phonics/Word Study: rhyming
Math: Number Sense 0-5
Social Studies: Community Roles
Technology: Seesaw, Camera App, Chatterpix, Show Me whiteboard, Nearpod
- Please send a healthy snack to school with your kiddo each day.
- Please keep a change of clothes in your child's backpack.
- Please send in your child's t-shirt order if you have not already done so.
- It is still pretty hot at recess, so kiddos are encouraged to bring a spill proof water bottle to take to the playground.
- We only had a few spots signed up for on our Friday Parent Reader Schedule. I'm attaching again in case you would like to sign up for this fun activity!
- Friday, Sept. 8: Grandparent's Day (our lunch time will be different for that day only: 10:25-10:55)
- Friday, Sept. 8: Parent Reader: Charity Tobon
- October 13: Field Day
- Fall Field trip info coming soon!
- Kindergarten Academic Night info coming soon!
Thanks for a great week! Please let me know if you have any thoughts/questions/concerns! Have a great day!