Hope everyone had a great weekend! Can you believe that Friday was the last day of the 3rd nine weeks? We're in the final phase of kindergarten, and they have grown SO much!
Sofie was our Star Student, and we enjoyed learning more about her. Can't wait to hear about Mr. Owl's weekend with her family! Grace is up next!
The kiddos did a wonderful job of transitioning back to the school day after being out for Spring Break! They picked up subtraction pretty quickly, and enjoyed the hands on math problems that we solved throughout the week. We're really focusing on the problem solving process, and being able to explain how we got the answer. They enjoyed reading expository texts about rocks, and learning about writing a 'how to' text for readers. We also explored with the app Kahoot!, and they LOVED it. I use this to put together questions, or use one that is already created by another teacher, and they use their iPads to give the answer. It gives them time to discuss the answer, and then displays the results on our class screen. I put a video of it in Seesaw, and you can hear the cheers when the answer is displayed. Makes my heart so happy to see them enjoy learning so much! We also had a great time exploring our rocks. Thanks so much for sending them in to use! We used them to explore make observations, and each student took a picture to put in their journal.
I finished the end of 3rd nine weeks assessments, and am so thrilled to say that we have mastered almost all of the kindergarten sight words! We're not going to stop there, we still have another nine weeks! I'll be sending home a new sight word list to keep the ball rolling, and really set a strong foundation for first grade. Thanks so much for working on the sight words at home! It makes such a huge impact on their reading, and they are applying it in their writing as well.
HWT: lower case letter review, dictation sentences
Writer's Workshop: Poetry
Reading Workshop: Poetry
Phonics: Digraphs/blends review
Word wall/Word Family: -ing review, -ar, why
Math: Addition and subtraction, problem solving
Science: Force and Motion
Technology: Kahoot!, Nearpod, Magnetic Letters, Seesaw, PicCollage, Sight Words
- Please make sure you are signing your child's RED Reading folder so I know that they are ready for a new book.
- Tuesday folders will be going home on Friday due to STAAR testing.
- We will not be going to specials on Tuesday and Wednesday due to STAAR testing.
- We are running low on glue sticks and crayons. We would appreciate any donations to get us through this last nine weeks. Thanks in advance!
- I emailed out everyone's current reading level. Please let me know if you did not receive it, or if you have any questions.
- Monday, March 27th: Star Student: Grace
- Friday, March 31st: Parent Reader: Neeta Bhakta
- Wednesday, April 5th: Early Release Day
- Friday, April 7th: Bobcat Bash
- Friday, April 14th: Student and Staff Holiday
Also, I will be attending my third grader's field trip tomorrow. Laura Davis will be subbing, and she is adored by the class. :) Please email me if you have any questions. If there is a change in dismissal tomorrow, please call the office so they can let her know.
Hope you all were able to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend! Have a great week!