Hope you all enjoyed the extra day off of school! We finally used our fireplace, and spent most of the day in our pajamas! (Plus it is my oldest daughter's birthday today...so she enjoyed family time at home!) Hope you all were able to get extra snuggles and stay warm!
This week in kindergarten:
Phonics: digraphs (sh, ch, th, wh)
Word family/sight words: -ed, be, if
Reading Workshop: Components of nonfiction, begin penguin research
Writing Workshop: Thinking like a researcher (begin penguin research)
Math: Number Sense (1-20)
Science: Objects in the Sky, Day and Night
Technology: Nearpod, Seesaw, Endless Wordplay, RAZ Kids
- Please remember to send a healthy snack to school each day with your child.
- Please take a moment to complete our 2018 Parent Climate survey:
- Please make sure to sign your child's RED Reading folder after they read with you so that I know they are ready for a new book.
- I am attaching the Parent Reader sign up sheet for this semester. Please notice the change in the time on Fridays. It will be from 11:10-11:40 on Fridays. (A volunteer background check must be completed and approved to be a parent reader.)
- Friday, Feb. 19th: Science Fair Registration Form Due
Link if interested:
- Friday, February 2nd: Fern Bluff Science Fair
- Tuesday, February 6th: 100th Day of School (more info coming home soon)
- Thursday, February 8th: Spring Pictures and Class photo
- Monday, February 19th: Student Holiday/Staff Development
- Tuesday, February 20th: Student Holiday/Staff Development
Thanks for your partnership! Have a great evening!