Hope you had a wonderful weekend!
We had a fantastic field trip last week! Thanks so much for having your kiddo prepared! They were very respectful, and had a lot of fun. I took pictures, and will have them into Seesaw soon!
Reading Workshop: Retelling, BME, problem/solution
Writing Workshop: Reading responses, making a list, labeling
Sight Words/Word Family: Review
Math: Measurement: weight
Social Studies: Wants and Needs
Technology: Seesaw, Kahoot!, Nearpod
From Mrs. O'Brien:
Fern Bluff Student Council will be holding a fundraising bake sale immediately following the Kindergarten Holiday Performance. We are trying to raise money for t-shirts and school spirit items. There will be lots of homemade holiday goodies on sale; a perfect way to treat your students and family members after the performance! Cash only please.
Class Giving Opportunity:
Fern Bluff Student Council is partnering with the Round Rock Police and Fire Departments to hold a Holiday Toy Drive which will support the Brown and Blue Santa Programs of Round Rock and Williamson County.
Today we discussed having a giving spirit, and ways that we can give to others this holiday season as a class. (We will also be discussing wants and needs in Social Studies this week to tie into this.) I plan to choose a 'want' and 'need' ornament from the FBE giving tree to donate to this cause from our class. If you would like to send a contribution towards these gifts, please send in an envelope with your child by Friday, December 15th. Thank you!
- Please make sure to send a coat/jacket to school as the weather starts to get cooler.
- I will be conducting mid-year reading assessments over the next two weeks. I'll still be sending home the RED Reading folder these days, but we will not be reading them together in our groups before they go home.
- Thank you for having your child read to you from these folders! I am seeing so much growth in their reading, and I know your partnership is making a huge difference!
I did not send home flyers this go round, but am providing the code for you to access the online flyers. If you would like to order, please have it submitted by THIS Wednesday afternoon. I want to make sure they have plenty of time to arrive for those ordering as gifts.
Go to: http://www.scholastic.com/home/
Click: parents--Order from book clubs flyer
- Thursday, December 7th: Kindergarten Holiday Performance @ 6:00
- Friday, December 8th Parent Reader: Mike Lancaster
- Monday, December 11th: Star Student: Tyler
Tradition Homework due (coming home in Tuesday
- Friday, December 15th: Donations for Brown and Blue Santa due
- Thursday, December 21st: Kindergarten Holiday Party 11:10-12:00 (last day for students)
- Friday, December 22: No School (staff workday)
Thanks so much for your partnership at home! Please let me know if you have any thoughts or questions!