Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Nushka was our Star Student, and we enjoyed learning more about her. That wraps up our Star Student of the week rotations!
Mr. Schiller (Heath's dad) was a WatchDOG dad on Thursday, and we enjoyed having him help out at our school.
In math we continued working on the steps to problem solving. We discussed how to find clue words, go back for information, drawing a picture to solve, and writing a number sentence. We also continued to work on addition/subtraction.
In Language Arts we discussed how stories have different endings. We discussed surprise ending, happy ending, lesson learned, and hopeful/wishful ending. We continued to work on the writing process.
In Science we learned about taking care of our Earth using the three R's. They loved our real life recycle sort...thanks for sending in those items!
This upcoming week we will be learning about:
Math: review of 3D shapes
LA: word wall word: give, word family: all, vowel review, spelling patterns
Science: Farm Life
- If you have not done so, please return field trip permission slip and payment tomorrow.
- There was a typo on one of the field trip forms that stated the wrong date. The field trip will be on Wednesday. Sorry for the confusion.
- Red Reading folders will continue to go home every T/Th until mid May. Please continue to have your child read to you.
- Poetry folders are returned to school tomorrow. This week will be the last week that we will send home these folders.
- Library books are due tomorrow.
- Wednesday, April 27: Crow's Nest Field Trip
- Thursday, April 28th: Pig Lit Night at 6:00-7:45
- Wednesday, May 4th: Early release at 12:45
Thanks so much for all you do at home!