Hope everyone had a wonderful week!
We are working really hard in kindergarten! I have seen SO much growth in reading and writing with each kiddo! We are working on digging deeper with our reading, and telling a story with a beginning, middle, and end in writing. We are targeting problem solving in math. Think Math has been a great experience. They are given the answer, and have to discover/explore the many ways to create that number. We then create a story problem to go with it. So far we have been doing it with addition, but will be also targeting subtraction as well.
We had a wonderful time in our Light Lab on Monday. Students were able to explore light energy with shadow puppets, shadow box, Light Bright, flashlight scavenger hunt, and more! Ask your kiddo about their experience.
Phonics: Vowel Combinations
Writing: Writing Process: Prewriting, Drafting, Revising, Editing, and Publishing
Reading: Comprehension strategies
Word Wall/Word Family: -ink, on, will
Math: Reviewing graphs and coins
Technology: Seesaw, Nearpod, Kahoot!, Chatterpix
- Please send a snack to school with your kiddo each day.
- Please sign the RED reading folders so that I know your child is ready for a new book.
- New sight words were sent home in RED Reading folders.
- Please let me know if your child is able to be a Student Leader at our STEAM night. (Let me know if you would like for me to resend you the email.)
- Monday, April 24th: Star Student: Mateo
- Thursday, April 27th: STEAM Innovation Night 5:30-7:00
- Friday, April 28th: Parent Reader: Rhonda Jorgensen
- Monday, May 1st: Star Student: Owen
- Tuesday, May 16th: Volunteer Tea (details coming soon!)
- Tuesday, May 16th: Kindergarten Open House (details coming soon!)
- Thursday, May 18th: Kindergarten Field Trip (details coming soon!)
- Monday, May 29th: No School
- Thursday, June 1st: Last Day of Kindergarten (I can't believe it's right around the corner!)
Thanks so much for your partnership! Looking forward to watching your little ones grow even more over the next couple of weeks!
Have a great weekend!