Hope you have had a wonderful weekend! The weather has been so nice! My family and I enjoyed taking a hike this afternoon at Mayfield Park, and it was beautiful!
This past week in kindergarten was a great one! The kids seemed to LOVE writing in their Writer's Draft books, and that makes my teacher heart so happy! We started sharing our stories using the document camera and projector. Two authors share after each lesson, and I assured them we all would get multiple turns throughout the year.
It was so fun meeting all the grandparents on Friday! I tried to meet each one, but may have missed one or two with how busy it was. Please extend my thanks to all your wonderful grandparents for coming out to visit! The kids enjoy it so much!
We also started our weekly tradition of Reading Buddies with Ms. Sweet's second grade class. We do this every Friday. Each kinder student was given a
'buddy' that will read with them throughout the year. The second grade students choose a book at the beginning of the week in their own classroom, and practice reading it daily so they can be prepared to read on Friday. So fun!
Word Family/Sight Word: -an, my
Reading Workshop: Good fit books, three ways to read a book
Writing Workshop: resources in the classroom, focused ideas
Word Study/Phonics: rhyming
Math: Number Sense 0-5
Social Studies: Community Helpers
Technology: Nearpod, Seesaw, Kahoot!
- If you have not already done so, please send in your t-shirt order as soon as possible. Thanks for your help in this!
- Please send a healthy snack to school each day with your child.
- Please return Tuesday folders signed on Wednesday.
- When sending money to the school, please put in an envelope marked with your child's name, my name, and the amount.
- Please send a pair of headphones in a baggie labeled with their name. (I tried to check all the backpacks after the kids looked, but if I missed your child's please let me know!)
- Friday, September 15th: Parent reader- James Ragsdale
- Wednesday, September 27th: Kindergarten Academic Night 5:30-6:30
- Thursday, September 28th: Science Night @ 6pm
- Fall field trip info coming soon! (This will be in October.)
Thanks so much for all you do! Have a wonderful week!