Hope everyone enjoyed the 3 day weekend! We had a wonderful week in kindergarten last week!
Our counselor, Mrs. O'Brien, had a guidance lesson with our class. She will be discussing problem solving skills. We discussed the difference between a big problem and a little problem for our first lesson.
We had our first day of library on Thursday. The kids were so great that we earned the Golden Award for library leadership at our Friday assembly! We get to keep the Golden Award in our class all week! The books they checked out came home in Ziplock bags, and we ask for them to be in the bags when they are in their backpack. Their books are due back on Thursday.
We continued establishing routines and procedures, and discussed how to work in partners. We had our iPad use lesson, and discussed the rules/expectations when using an iPad. We began our first iPad project, and they did a great job! I'll share it when it's complete!
Our sight words for last week: I, like, me, see
Math: Math in the real world, number sense 0-5, and problem solving
sight word: can
word family: -at
Handwriting Without Tears: posture, grip, big curve/little curve
Writing Workshop: discussing procedures for writing draft book
Reading Workshop: creating routines and discussing procedures for reading as a class, with partners, and individually.
Phonics: Name activities
Science: Discuss what science looks like, the role of a scientist, the tools used, and science safety.
Friday, September 9th: Grandparents' Day (more info coming)
Friday, September 16th: Donuts with Dad (more info coming)
Wednesday, September 28th: Early release at 12:00
Thursday, September 29th: Picture Day
Thursday, October 6th: Kindergarten Open House (5:30-6:30)
- Tuesday folders contain information from the school and PTA, as well as your child's work from the previous week. Please sign the front, and return the next day.
- Homework folders go home on Monday, and are returned on Friday.
- Library books are due back on Thursday.
- Please send a pair of headphones or earbuds for your child in a Ziplock labeled with your child's name.
- Please return the class t-shirt order form and payment as soon as possible. We would like to order these soon so they will be delivered in time for our first field trip.
Thank you so much for your partnership and support! Your kiddos are doing such a fantastic job!