Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'm sorry this is coming to you later than normal...I was at a training in Tyler Thursday evening through last night.
This week we will begin having our weekly "Star Students". Ali is up first, and we look forward to getting to know him a bit more!
We had our first fire drill, and the class was amazing! Super proud of how they followed directions!
Our sub, Mrs. Walker, gave a report that the class was 'awesome'! Very proud of them for having a great day! :)
Last week in Language Arts:
Handwriting without Tears: learned about where to start tall letters (we call them frog jump letters) and worked on the capital F.
Writer's Workshop: We focused on the expectations/routines, and wrote in our draft book.
Reader's Workshop: Parts of a book, reading with our elbow partners, continued to practice our independent reading time, authors/illustrators
Phonics: Rhyming activities
In Science: We began learning out using our 5 senses to explore the properties of matter. We had a wonderful time playing I Spy, and then writing about it for a class book!
In Math: We focused on the numbers 0-5. We used magnetic 5-frames, dice, and cubes to explore ways to create the number 5.
- Please sign and return the Tuesday folders the next day.
- Please complete the homework with pencil for the writing, and crayons for the coloring.
- Please return library books every Thursday.
- If you have not sent in headphones or earbuds for your child, please send them in as soon as possible.
- Please keep a spare change of clothes in your child's backpack.
- If you signed up for Monday morning workroom, please let me know if you cannot make it. Thanks in advance!
Wednesday, September 28th: Early release at 12:00
Thursday, September 29th: Picture Day
Thursday, October 6th: Kindergarten Open House (5:30-6:30)
Thanks so much for your support at home! Have a great day!