What a fun Field Day! I have a feeling your kiddos will sleep well tonight!
Thanks SO much for all the help today! I appreciate the contributions, the extra hands, and having your kiddos ready to go for such a fun day. I loved all the smiles and laughter!
This week went by pretty fast since it was a short one. I had a great report from the substitute Wednesday afternoon. Very proud of your kids for showing what wonderful students they are by making great choices even when I was gone for the afternoon!
Thanks so much for returning the signed Seesaw forms. (I still need a few returned.) Just as a heads up, I can only have students with signed forms post their work in Seesaw, so please return them when you get a chance.
A few reading folders were sent back home today, so please check your child's backpack when you have a chance. They didn't have signatures, and the kiddos couldn't quite remember if they had the chance to read them with a parent. Please have your child read the book to you over the weekend. If they already read them, please sign them and return on Monday. Thanks so much for your partnership in this area. I see so much growth when students consistently read their books at home.
Sight Words/Word Family: on, go, -in
Phonics/Word Study: Segmenting and blending
Reading Workshop: Setting
Writing Workshop: Capitalization
Science: Changes in Properties
Technology: QR scanner, Nearpod, Seesaw, Magnetic Letters, Sight Words, Kahoot!
- October 26, 6:00-7:30: Spooky Stories Literacy Night
- Monday, October 30: Star Student: Gracie
- Wednesday, November 29: Thinkery Field Trip (info soon!)
- I am attaching the Parent Reader sign up sheet again since there are a few openings. Would love to fill it up! Please remember that you have to complete the background check to volunteer.
- The RED Reading folder will go home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you need to keep it an extra night or two, no problem. Please just email me to let me know.
- Please check your child's backpack to see if they need a fresh change of clothes. Lots of kiddos changed after a pretty epic water balloon toss today. :)
- Though I will be sending home readers twice a week, and also encourage you to read with your child each evening, we do not have any official homework folders going home in kindergarten. However, if you would like to have additional items to practice at home with your child, I am attaching an optional homework packet for October.
- If you would like to order from Scholastic, please have your order submitted by 3:15 on Monday. I'll be placing the order at that time.
- I will have a sub in my class this Friday. Mrs. Heere is a wonderful sub, and knows our FBE students very well.
Thanks so much for all you do! Enjoy your weekend!