Hope everyone is enjoying their three day weekend! :)
Last week Amara was our Star Student. We enjoyed learning more about her, and we are excited to hear about the weekend with our class pet Mr. Owl. Liam is up this week!
We had a fun week! Round Rock Fire Department presented a Rock Solid Safety Program, and the kids loved it. Ms. O'Brien, our school counselor, did a lesson on careers. We had our first parent reader, Mrs. Cummings, read to us on Friday. Lots of fun!
In math, we explored and learned about shapes. We discussed their attributes, and connected our learning to where we see those shapes in the outside world.
In Science, we continued to discuss changes in properties. We made an apple flavored popsicle out of juice, and talked about other ways that properties can change.
In Language Arts we learned about forming the letters R and N. Our sight words were: to, up, here. Our word family was -it. We used the book Chicken Little to explore characters in a story. In Writer's Workshop we discussed spaces between words, as well as using resources around the classroom.
- The packet given to you at Open House on Thursday has sight word flashcards. I encourage you to use these for fun learning activities/games to give opportunities for your child to practice reading/spelling them.
- The packet also has the letter sound cards that we use daily. Please have your child practice these, and use them to sound out words when writing.
- Our field trip is coming up on October 27th. If you plan to join us, a volunteer application must have been completed. (I would suggest completing this regardless, just in case something comes up that you would like to volunteer for anytime throughout the year.)
- October 25th: Scary Story Literacy Night
- October 26th: Early release at noon
- October 27th: Thinkery Field Trip (more info soon)
- October 28th: Field Day (more info soon)
Thanks so much for your hard work at home! Have a great week!