We are in the home stretch of finishing up a wonderful year! This is a busy, busy time...so please make sure you check out all the dates at the end of the email!
I cannot thank you enough for the kindness you showed during Teacher Appreciation week! The kind words, thoughts, and treats were so sweet! It is such a joy to be your child's teacher!
Owen was our final Star Student of the year! We loved learning more about him, and can't wait to hear about Mr. Owl's weekend!
This week in language arts and math we will be reviewing various concepts learned throughout the year. We will continue to work on the writing process in writing. We will be discussing plants in science.
STAAR Testing this Week:
* Due to STAAR testing Monday-Wednesday, there will not be visitor seating in the cafeteria. If you do plan on eating lunch with your child, you will be asked to eat with them in the foyer or on the front porch.
* Tuesday folders will go home on Friday due to testing.
* There will not be Monday workroom
* We will not have specials Monday-Wednesday.
* Please continue to have your child read their RED reading folders, and complete homework each week. Even these last few weeks can make a difference in creating a foundation of being a strong reader as they enter first grade!
* I am missing a handful of readers...if you come across any, can you please send them my way?
* Please send in the permission slip and $6 payment when you get a moment.
* If you are attending, you will pay at the farm.
* Please put your driver's license number on checks.
* If you plan on attending, you will have to have a completed volunteer background check.
- Friday, May 12th:Class Reader: Julie
- Tuesday, May 16th: Volunteer Tea @ 8:30 in the library for all of our wonderful volunteers
- Tuesday, May 16th: Kindergarten Open House 5:30-6:30
- Thursday, May 18th: Kindergarten Field Trip
- Friday, May 19th: Class Reader: Debbie
- Monday, May 22nd: Kindergarten End of Year Program @ 1:30
- Friday, May 26th: Class Reader: Denise
- Thursday, June 1st: Last day of school, End of year party (details coming soon)
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!