Another week in the books! Time is flying in kindergarten!
We had a great time focusing on Dr. Seuss this week! We read several of his books, had math activities with a Seuss twist, and made word families to have our own fun with rhymes! We used the Popplet app to create a graphic organizer for our rhymes. You may have seen them in Seesaw. We then took our word families and made a rhyming fox in socks. They loved it!
HWT: lower case 'x'
Phonics: review blends/digraphs
Reading Workshop: Folktales/Fables/Lullabies
Writing Workshop: Intro to expository writing, beginning/middle/end
Word wall/word family: -ick, who
Math: Joining Sets
Science: Soil and water
Technology: Seesaw, Popplet, PicCollage, MyStory, Magnetic Letters, Nearpod
Project Lead the Way: Module 2: Pushes and Pulls
- Science kits came home for the PTA for students to enjoy. Please return on Monday.
- Classroom STEM bins will not come home this weekend.
Please send a small bucket and hand held 'shovel' or tool for them to use to explore soil next week. Thanks in advance with your help! (Please label with your child's name.)
Classroom Supplies Wish List:
We are running a little low on the following items. If you would like to send some to our class, we would appreciate it!
- Glue sticks
- colored construction paper
- sandwich size baggies
- March 3rd: Talent Show for Grades K-2
- March 6th: Star Student: Piper
- March 8th: Kindergarten Round-up
- March 9th: Fine Arts Night at 5:30
- March 10th: Parent Reader: John Nelson
- March 13th-March 17th: Spring Break
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! :)