It may have been a short week, but we packed a lot into it!
We had a lesson with Mrs. O'brien about conflict resolution. We also had an enrichment lesson with our TAG teacher Mrs. Denkler.
We explored subtraction in math, and worked on writing our number sentence to match the math problem we created. We brainstormed clue words to let us know when to subtract. They did a great job!
In Science we continued our PLTW activities for Push and Pull. Check Seesaw for pictures of our exploration of collisions. Ask your kiddo what they are doing in the pictures! Next week we will have our final activity for this particular module, which gives them a problem to solve. They will be provided materials to create what they feel is the best solution to solve the problem using what we learned about force and motion. We'll post pictures and video in Seesaw!
Reading Workshop: Intro to Poetry
Writing Workshop: Poetry
Phonics/Word Work: Review Magic E, hard/soft 'g'
Sight Word, Word Family: - ice, look
Math: Review addition and subraction
Science: Finish up magnets, introduce heat/light/sound
Technology: Seesaw, ChatterKid, RAZ Kids, Epic, Kahoot!
We will be welcoming a new student to our class on Monday. Her name is Piper, and she came by today and met everyone. We are excited to have her join our class family!
- The competition for Pringles is still going strong! The class with the most wins Sonic slushes!
- I am not sending home RED Reading folders today. They'll resume Tuesday. Just a reminder, they come home every Tuesday and Thursday. I am sending an additional activity that focuses on either fluency, segmenting/blending, or comprehension weekly as well.
- Friday, March 30th: School holiday/No School
- Monday, April 2nd: Star Student: Ethan
- Friday, April 6th: Bobcat Bash!! 5-8 (This is a blast for all! Hope to see you there!)
Parent Reader: Charity
- Monday, April 9th: Star Student: Katelyn
- Friday, April 13th: Parent Reader: Wen Ching Lin
The following dates our school asks for no visitors due to STAAR testing:Tuesday, April 10th - STAAR Writing
Monday, May 14th - STAAR Math
Tuesday, May 15th - STAAR Reading
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Thanks for your partnership!