Hope you each had a great weekend!
We are excited to be celebrating the 100th week of school on Wednesday!! We'll be working with the number 100 all week, and have some great activities planned. Thanks so much for sending in those donations for the big day! Very much appreciated! There are still a few slots open, so I am resending it in case you haven't had a chance to look at it. Thanks again!
Speaking of 100th day, a few reminders:
- Please have your child bring their 100 items collection. We're using them in math this week.
- We are encouraging your child to decorate a shirt with 100 items to wear on Wednesday.
- We'll be making a 100s day snack on Wednesday. If your child has allergies, please email me so that we can adjust accordingly.
RED Reading folder:
- Just a reminder that these come home every Tuesday and Thursday. Please make sure to sign the back page so that I know your child is ready for their new book. The reading growth in the second semester is huge, and reading at home is a huge part of it!
- I will be sending home additional activities to practice at times in the folder. Just a heads up so that you know it may take a minute or two longer in the evening and you can plan accordingly. These activities will focus on different skills such as fluency, comprehension, reading strategies, etc. Thanks for your partnership at home!
- Please send a jacket to school daily with your child. We have PE early on M/W/F and at times it is still chilly when they go outside to the track.
- Please send report card envelopes back to school if you have not already.
- Please check to see if your child has a change of clothes in their backpack.
- Wednesday, 7th: 100th day!
- Thursday, 8th: Spring Picture Day (please return money envelopes ASAP)
- Friday, 9th: Parent Reader: Mrs. Temnov
- Monday, 12: Star Student: Zoe
- Monday/Tuesday 12/13: Mrs. Williams out for a Project Lead the Way conference (we have a great sub both days!!)
- Wednesday, 14: Kindergarten Valentine Party 11:15-12:00
- Friday, 16th: Parent Reader: Mr. Lopez
- Monday/Tuesday, 19/20: No school (Staff development)
- Monday, 26th: Star Student: Rachel
Thanks! Have a wonderful week!