Hope everyone had a great weekend!
This past week we took a week off from Star Student, but will pick back up again this week with Heath. Looking forward to learning more about him!
We enjoyed an enrichment lesson from our TAG teacher Ms. Denkler this week. The kids had a blast with it!
Thanks so much for sending in coins with your kiddo for our math lessons. (They went back home on Friday.) We had a lot of hands on math lessons working on the coins and their values. We also graphed and sorted them. It was great to tie them in with our Social Studies lessons on Presidents as well!
In Language Arts, we focused on fairy tales and their components. We read several fairy tales, and wrote responses to them. In Writer's Workshop we focused on writing a detailed story that has a beginning, middle, and end. We'll really be focusing on the writing process, and publishing our stories, the rest of the school year. Please encourage your child to write at home as well. You're going to see so much growth! We learned the word wall word "them", and the word family -and. We continued to work on our lower case letters in Handwriting Without Tears.
In Social Studies, we learned about Presidents and patriotism. We discussed the job/role of the President, and what we would do if we were president. We also read about past Presidents, and compared/contrasted them. We integrated our writing in this area by completing a response with facts learned about the Presidents we discussed.
Language Arts: Review digraphs 'sh', 'ch', 'th', 'wh'. Word wall word: with, and word family -ub. We will be discussing folktales in reading. In writing, we will discuss how to organize thoughts before writing, organizing ideas while writing, and revising by adding details.
Social Studies: Patriotic Symbols
- Please send library books and green poetry folders back to school tomorrow. (Please put the poem read this week in the brads, and return the paper books that were sent home as well.)
- Each Tuesday/Thursday the red reading folder comes home. Please have your child read these to you, and return the next day. Reading at home makes a HUGE difference in your child's learning experience and growth, and I thank you for your partnership in this!
- Please send a snack daily with your child. We have this around 2 each day.
- Wednesday, March 2nd- Early release at 12:45
- Friday, March 4th: Field Day (Kinder-2nd is 9:15-11:30)
- March 14th-18th: Spring Break
Also, our class will have a sub tomorrow and Tuesday. The Kindergarten team is attending a Kindergarten Conference/Workshops in Austin both of those days. We are super excited to learn wonderful things to bring back to our classrooms!
Thanks so much for your support at home! Please let me know if you have any questions or thoughts! edit.