Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Just a reminder that the kids do not have school tomorrow! Enjoy that extra day!
We had a busy week! Connor was our Star Student, and we enjoyed learning more about him! Heath will be our Star Student the week of the 22nd. (We do not have one next week.)
This week we celebrated the100th day of school, and had a wonderful Valentine's party! Thanks for all the help during the party. The kids had a blast.
Thank you so much for my super sweet Valentine cards and treats! I certainly felt loved! :)
In math, we had Valentine activities that included estimating, graphing, and using tally marks. We continued to work on problem solving in our math journals.
In Language Arts, we focused on the sight word "was" and word family -ad. We wrote responses to Valentine stories, and continued to work on dictation sentences.
In Social Studies, we learned about African American History Month. We reviewed what we learned about Martin Luther King, Jr. We also read and learned about Ruby Bridges, Rosa Parks, and George Washington Carver.
Next week we will be discussing:
Language Arts: Fairy Tales, digraphs (sh, th, ch, wh), word family -and, word wall word "them".
Social Studies: Presidents and Patriotism
- We will have library on Friday this week instead of Monday.
- We are requesting students to please bring coins (2 to 3 of each kind) in a bag labeled with their name for math this week. Thanks in advance for your help!
- Please remember to send a snack with your kiddo every day.
- Monday, February 15th: Student holiday
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Early release at 12:45
- Friday, March 4th: Field Day
Thanks so much for all you do! Please let me know if you have any questions/thoughts!