Hope everyone had a great weekend!
We really enjoyed having Chase as our Star Student last week, and look forward to having Logan as the Star Student the week of January 11th.
Last week we had the opportunity to do an encore holiday performance for our neighboring nursing home. They came and enjoyed the program, and your kiddos did such a great job!
Our class also had the chance to participate in what is called An Hour of Coding in the computer lab. They are introduced to the basic steps that go into computer program coding, and add to those skills throughout the levels. Our technology specialist worked with us, and they all did a super job!
Lior's mom joined us for a bit on Wednesday, and along with Lior, had a presentation on Hanukkah. The kids enjoyed it, and learned a lot!
Ms. Dinkler (our TAG specialist) visited and taught an enrichment lesson with the whole class. She does such a great job with the kiddos, and they had a blast!
Thank you so much for the giving tree donations! We connected it to our unit on Wants/Needs, and chose one of each from the tree. We were able to buy a shirt for an 8 year old boy, and sheriff toys for a 7 year old boy.
Today we had rotations with the other kindergarten teachers. Each teacher had a lesson prepared about the customs/traditions that are celebrated within our Fern Bluff community. We learned about Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas, La Posada, and Diwali. Be sure to ask them what they learned! It was a fun, busy day!
- Our library day was moved to Thursday. If you were unable to send your child's book today, please send it in tomorrow.
- Customs/Traditions homework was due today. Please send it tomorrow if you were unable to send it today.
- Red reading folders and yellow homework folders will not go home this week.
- Thanks for sending in the paper grocery bags with handles! We are 5 short, so if you have any around the house we would love to take them off your hands!
- Thursday, 12/17: Class party! It's at 11:15, and we would love to have you join us!
- Friday, 12/18: No school
- December 18-January 4th: Winter Break
Thank you for all you do!