Thanks so much for quick replies to my test email! I hope that everyone is enjoying their weekend, and getting plenty of rest before we start an exciting year!
I wanted to start off by sharing a few things about myself to help you get to know me a bit more. My children have attended Fern Bluff since my oldest was in kindergarten, and we love our school!! Kiera is going into 5th grade, Brooklyn is going into 3rd, and Carson is entering kindergarten (I still can't believe it!!). We love to spend time together, and explore nature. My husband's name is Nick, and we were college sweethearts. We've been married for 14 years.
I attended the University of North Texas and received my degree in Interdisciplinary Studies focusing on Early Childhood through 4th grade in 2003. I obtained my Master's degree in Education Administration in 2007. I am certified in Early Childhood through 4th grade, with supplemental certifications in English as a Second Language (ESL) and Special Education. I've taught first through second grade, preschool, and kindergarten. I took a few years off from the classroom to stay home with my children, and during that time I tutored students in kindergarten through 6th grade. I am a firm believer in the parent/teacher partnership, and believe it provides a great foundation for your child's success!
A few fun facts...I love, love, love reading!! I enjoy trying new places to eat with my family, and finding fun activities around town. My favorite color is purple, and I enjoy flavored coffee.
I look forward to learning more about your families!
I also wanted to touch base about next week. Hopefully you've had a chance to go through the packet from Back to School Night. I know it's a lot of information, but hopefully it helped answer some of the questions you may have had. There are just a few items that I wanted to mention:
* Please have your child wear the purple tag located in the information packet for the first 6 days of school. This has very important information for you to complete regarding lunch and dismissal.
* If you did not complete the form at Back to School night telling us how your child will go home, please reply to this email and let me know.
* Please send a healthy snack to school every day with your child. We have an early lunch, so they are typically hungry by the end of the day. We have snack around 2. Please refrain from sending juice.
* Please send a change of clothes in your child's backpack.
* On the first day, you may walk your child into the school and bring them to the kindergarten hall. We will escort them to their classroom from that point.
* Beginning the second day of school, only students are allowed to enter the building. We have helpers ready to go to help our kindergarteners find their way!
Next Generation Digital Classroom:
Thanks for all your participation in our QR Scavenger Hunt! Our classroom was handpicked by the district to be a Next Generation Classroom, also referred to as NextGen. We were partnered with Mrs. Harris' kindergarten class for this program, and we will have 12 ipads to utilize in our classroom! As a pilot program, our goal is to explore the unlimited possibilities of technology integration to enhance student achievement, increase engagement, transform teaching and learning, and help make decisions regarding the next steps of technology integration. These ipads will not be replacing our current curriculum, but will be used as a tool in enhancing instruction and learning. Please visit http://ngdcrrisd.blogspot.com for more information, or feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have.
Thanks so much for reading this far!! The beginning of the year comes with so much information...and I understand that there will be areas that may still need clarification. Please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll be checking my email consistently so that I can answer any questions you may have.
Looking forward to seeing your kiddos on Tuesday, and a fantastic school year!